Prepare an original and delicious quinoa salad with nuts and grapes for this Christmas, which is accompanied by a delicious olive oil based vinaigrette that gives it a special touch. What would you use to accompany this delicious recipe for a Quinoa Christmas Salad?
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of white quinoa – Andean Star
- 1 bleached broccoli
- 1 bunch of asparagus pieces, blanched
- 2 cups of red grapes
- 1 cup of blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup of caramelized brazil nuts in pieces- Andean Star
- 1 cup of Olive Oil for the vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice for the vinaigrette
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped, for the vinaigrette
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice for the vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon of salt for the vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper for the vinaigrette
- In a pot on medium heat, boil the water with the salt and add the quinoa. Lower the heat and cook covered for 20 minutes. Cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the quinoa with the broccoli, asparagus, grapes, blueberries, raspberries and nuts.
- For the vinaigrette, crush the garlic with the Olive Oil. Add the juices, salt and pepper and emulsify with the oil.
- Serve the salad with the vinaigrette.