Unlike many of the products we offer, Andean Star Organic Tara Gum is a unique food ingredient known more for its functional and technical properties. Tara gum powder first gained popularity in the early 2000s in the ice cream industry as a cost-effective alternative to locust bean gum, which was very high in price at the time. Now, it is being used more widely in all kinds of food applications such as dairy, bakery products, processed meats, sauces, condiments, salad dressings, and more. It is considered to be a cost-effective, high performance plant-based gum which acts as a stabilizer, emulsifier, and thickening agent in the above-mentioned applications.
Tara Gum is derived from the seed of the Tara plant, which grows wildly in the Andean region of Peru. It is 100% naturally and mechanically produced, making it safe and healthy for use in all food applications.
Tara gum’s excellent profile makes it a perfect fit for “Clean Label” products. As consumers become more health-conscious and environmentally aware, the demand for clean label ingredients continues to grow. Andean Star’s Organic Tara Gum Powder is the ideal solution for food manufacturers offering Clean Label products.
Organic Tara GUm
HOW TO PREPARE:
About ½ tsp (1.5 g) per cup of Baking Flour
- 100% natural and digestible dietary soluble fiber.
- Tara Gum is gluten-free and allergen-free, making it suitable for anyone suffering from celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity.
- It is a low-calorie polysaccharide, making it ideal for low-fat food applications.
- Tara Gum is an ecologically sustainable, and ethically sourced ingredient, which is ideal for food processors looking to implement Corporate Social Responsibility policies within their business operations.
- Andean Star offers a Certified Organic Tara Gum Powder suitable for organic food products.
The year we started producing superfoods, we founded Happy Little Faces, a non-profit organization that provides opportunities for impoverished children in our local community of Lima, Peru. In 2010, we built a kindergarten from scratch, providing free education, lunches, and extra-curricular activities for local children who would otherwise not have these opportunities.
We are proud to say that our initiative has grown successfully in Lima. We thank you for being a large part of our growth as an organization, and for helping the local communities of Peru.
For more information, please feel free to visit our website and send us a message at: www.happylittlefaces.org .
Thank you for choosing Andean Star Organic Tara Gum and being a part of the story for the next generation Children of the Andes!