How’s the Christmas preparation going?
- Tree – Check!
- Glimmer Lighting – Check!
- Christmas Curtain Lights – Check!
- Green Wreath – Check!
- Deer Night Lights – Check!
You buy every item and gift considerately, because you want everything to be perfect and everybody to be happy. However, what about the holiday feast? How are you planning to host a healthy Christmas feast for your friends and families, besides the decoration and other celebrations?
Please do not tell us – you are planning on repeating last year’s calorie-catastrophe recipes.
Foods, rich in calories, undoubtedly taste better than those aren’t; nevertheless, you will not want to present a jar of cheese straws or a glass of eggnog before your loved ones. These might taste good, but provide our bodies only calories.
Here are three holiday special recipes, we have rounded up for you to include in your feast menu.
Holiday Quinoa and Cranberry Salad
Fill your Christmas feasting table with this healthy quinoa salad studded with crunchy almonds and fresh cranberries.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 75 oz. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Step 1
Mix the quinoa, salt and water in a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, and once it does, simmer down the heat and cover the pan.
- Step 2
Let it gently simmer with the cover on for 15 minutes. Let the water be absorbed completely.
- Step 3
Remove the lid and start fluffing the quinoa gently. Set aside to cool.
- Step 5
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in some orange juice, cinnamon, dried cranberries and brown sugar. Following this, bring the liquids to simmer and then simmer for another 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Step 6
Toss them all together and serve!
Vegan & Caffeine-Free Maca Latte
Swap the coffee with this healthy and delicious Maca Latte! It needs only 5 ingredients, is rich in superfood Maca and is naturally energizing without the very caffeine.
- 5 Oz. of gelatinized maca powder
- 5 oz chaga mushroom powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle a little bit of monk fruit extract
- 5 oz. of MCT oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 20 oz. hot water
- Combine all ingredients and put into a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Distribute evenly. Drop a dollop of foam onto each latte and garnish with a sprinkle of maca.
Goldenberry Yogurt with Camu Camu
This delicious recipe is healthy and can be served during your holiday family dinner. It is fulfilling and party-worthy dish.
- 1/2 cup of Dried Goldenberries
- 2 cups of Yogurt (Greek)
- 5 oz. of Yacon Syrup (to taste)
- 5 oz. of Camu Camu Powder
- Mix dried goldenberries in a blender, add the camu camu powder, Yacon Syrup, 2 oz. of yogurt, and mix until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the remaining yogurt and combine for at least a minute.
- Transfer to jars and enjoy right away!